Pages

Welcome to my blog! Step inside, wipe your feet on the welcome mat, and unlace your boots...Wait, this is the internet and physical conventions like that don't apply. Right! Well, now that we've skipped introductions. Welcome and happy reading!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"But everything was beautiful at the ballet"

So Wednesday! This meant lots of new's. The first is a new hair cut! I got bangs. I was really nervous they wouldn't turn out right, but I put pictures up on facebook and I got so much support! And it's def. something new and exciting! I also bought a ton of bobby pins, hair pins, and some head bands to assist with the transition to the banged life. Today was my first ballet class! I was ridiculously excited. So quick, but embarrassing story time! So the official dress code for ballet is pink tights, black leo, a wrap skirt, and hair in a bun. However, my class is very small and very unofficial. The class is four students and one is an old woman. Like she's younger than my parents, but not by much. Any way, I had my sweatpants on and my wrap skirt in bag when I realize that the rest of the class is in yoga pants...luckily I had been overly cautious and had a pair of soffee shorts in my bag. Thank goodness I pack obsessively! So I not so stealthily pulled off my sweats and slid my shorts over the leo. On the plus side my legs looked pretty darn nice in my ballet pink tights. Class went well too. I picked things up pretty quickly, hopefully I can switch into a more intense class eventually. And of course it felt amazing! Barre stretches are kind of the best thing ever! <3 <3 <3 Also looking to the future, I got a job offer today! Well it's from the music studio I interned with over the summer so I probs won't get paid, but my boss asked if I would want to assistant direct a show! The show is Into the Woods (aka my 2nd favorite Sondheim show!!!) So that would be in the spring. Even farther in the future, I just need to enter a few more details to my common app and then I'll be ready to hit submit. I'll have done my EA Dickinson app and my app for Susquehanna (my safety, but it's rolling) done! So scary how fast this is moving!
But tomorrow I close a chapter of my life. Tomorrow is Marching Band awards. Nobody's really ready gift wise. I still need to pick up the sweatshirts and buy the stuffed animals. Then for the directors we're making a video as seniors. I feel bad nobody's really trying. My grade is so lazy about band stuff. I also still need to write my speech ahhh!
School is pretty crazy right now. I'm trying to balance my lack of desire to work and my desire for good grades. It's pretty rough. That's why I do things like blog to procrastinate my academic life. And that's a skill I can take right to college!

No comments:

Post a Comment